Saturday, October 24, 2009

baby boy update

It seems as though the pregnancy bug is in the water these days. I know of so many expecting moms, and a few of them have posted this cute survey on their blogs to track their progress. And since I'm fairly certain that this will be our last hurrah, I thought I'd join the fun and document a few tid bits.

How far along? 25 weeks
Total weight gain / loss? 8-10 pounds gained
Maternity clothes? Exclusively wearing maternity jeans, but I can get away with some of my regular shirts and sweaters. I have to keep pulling them down, but it can be done.
Stretch marks? Not yet...
Sleep? Becoming more and more difficult. Laying on my side causes cramping, laying on my back is discouraged, and laying on my stomach is impossible.
Best moment this week? It was a great week, but as it relates to this pregnancy I'll say the best moment was when Kate insisted that we name this baby "March," as in marching / stomping and spent the rest of the afternoon making LOTS of noise stomping around the house.
Movement? Yep and lots braxton hicks contractions.
Food cravings? Stephen is so good to me. He makes me a semi-healthy treat every night: frozen berries with cool whip. I could do it myself, but it tastes so much better when he does!
Gender? boy
Name? still thinking...
Labor signs? no, but I have a feeling this baby may come early. Just a hunch.
Belly button in or out? Just kind of flat
What do I miss? The gym, coke zero, and my 2nd cup of coffee
Weekly wisdom: Forget raging hormones. If I choose to give in to a grumpy mood, my kids will suffer from it. I set the tone. Being cranky when I feel like it is a luxury I can't afford when little people are depending on me.
Milestones: I'm officially in the third trimester! Woohoo!

So that's about it. I'm getting more and more excited to meet this little man!