Saturday, October 10, 2009

birthday girl

We enjoyed such a great day with Kate...my birthday girl. We started the morning with banana chocolate chip muffins (a Kate favorite), feasted at Chic-Fil-A for lunch, picked out a new coloring book at the book store, took in the fun at a fall festival, enjoyed burritos at Moe's for dinner, and ended the day with this humble pony cake at home. (Kate really wanted a pony cake for her birthday...How do you make a pony cake???). And throughout our fun, crazy day, I kept thanking God for this sweet girl. I am so blessed to be her mom...she has such a sweet spirit, such a tender heart. Just this morning, we were eating breakfast and I told Kate that I couldn't believe she's FOUR. Before I knew it, she was standing beside me, patting me on the leg and said "Don't worry, Mommy. Don't be sad. I'm still little. I'm still small." My goodness.
So here's a Kate-update to commemorate her fourth birthday. I can hardly believe so much time has passed since the day I first laid eyes on her...

  • Favorite toys: Three Musketeers barbies specifically and all other barbies in general
  • Favorite TV show: She still loves most anything on PBS, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Agent Ozo
  • Favorite foods: "Hot dogs and rice and peppers." Translation: Kilbosa
  • Favorite activities: going to the park, play dates with friends, playing with Sam, telling jokes. Her favorite: What did the moose say to the other moose? Moo! Now THAT'S funny!
  • Funny words: Cootie Toobie (cutie patootie), Bow-ay (ballet)
  • Favorite colors: pink is still holding strong but she's added purple to the list
  • Favorite hairstyle: easy...pony tail
  • Favorite book: Not sure if it's her favorite, but we read "Sophie and Sam" a lot these days.

She's a hoot. Stephen and I find ourselves laughing at something she has said or done all the time. I can't imagine what my day to day would be like without her...not nearly as much fun, for starters.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home