Wednesday, October 24, 2007

look who's two!

Although we celebrated Kate's 2nd birthday with a party in North Carolina, her actual birthday was a somewhat small affair right here at home. It started with pancakes on "baya plate" (her favorite) and ended with dinner at Chuck E. Cheese. (Stephen and I have since developed some strong opinions toward Mr. Cheese...more about that later).

Okay, so watching Kate turn two has made me a little sentimental these days (I mean more than usual), and I keep thinking about the lullaby that I've been singing to her since the first night we brought her home from the hospital. Here's the first verse:

Where are you going, my little one, little one?
Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around and you're two. Turn around and you're four.
Turn around and you're the young girl runnin' out of my door.

When I sang that song to my newborn baby girl, I couldn't imagine her turning two. It seemed so very far away. And now it's here. My baby is growing up. And now I sometimes tear up when I sing the second verse:

Where are you going, my little one, little one?
Where are you going, my baby, my own?
Turn around and you're tiny, turn around and you're grown.
Turn around and you're a young wife with babes of your own.

1 Comments:

At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cuz! I sent you an email back, but it was to your old one and I got it back. So, you'll have to write me again with a new one - randjprince@gmail.com Enjoy all those little moments that you can... soak them up as I know you do. Just be thankful your's is two and not 11!!!! I did not handle 10 well and 11 was even worse! I sure miss you! I wish I could see you! Love ya - Regina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home