Thursday, September 13, 2007

the next big thing


I wish I had a video of this, but a picture will have to do. Kate absolutely cracks me up. A few months ago, she started putting on performances. She sings for a few seconds, pauses to wait for the applause she knows she's going to get, and then joins in the clapping. Occasionally, she'll treat us to the first line of the Happy Birthday song, but those are rare.
Other funny things my girl's been up to:
  • "Mommy, whatcha doin' there?"
  • she kisses and hugs my belly and calls her baby brother, Samuel, "Am"
  • goes "bump bump" down our stairs, saying "bump bump" all the way down
  • claps when she sees her daddy's school ("daddy cool")
  • makes a cape out of blankie and her towels (she's gone from being wrapped up like our little baby to a superhero after bath time)
  • she asks Stephen to sing every night (if you know Stephen, you know why this is funny)
  • she can climb all the way to the top of the McDonald's slide and come all the way down...on her own!
  • she helps me around the house every day...cooking, laundry, dusting. Although, she's not much help at all when it comes to vacuuming.
  • she's sleeping in a big girl bed!!!! Which, incidentally, she fell out of the other night. I found her the next morning with her toes sticking out from the bottom of the bed. She had slept all night on the floor underneath her bed. How pitiful is that!

2 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah! Clap, clap, clap! Nana and Pops are great fans of the singing! Can't wait for our next private concert.

Love,
Nanny and Pops

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Christie said...

Oh my gosh--I LOVE this picture of Kate! I just had to laugh.
Please send me your address--I have a little something for baby "Am" to send you.

How are you guys doing down in GA? Are you getting settled in ok?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home