Thursday, July 26, 2007

don't give up on us yet!

Sorry, folks. Still no pictures. I can't find that thing-a-ma-jigger that connects the camera to the computer...a casualty of the move I think. But for those of you who love us enough to read a picture-less blog, we have news! (I feel like every posting for the last 3 months has been nothing short of a Burton press-release. Things will slow down soon enough).
Okay...we bought a house! Sort of. We made an offer and they accepted...we close on August 28th. It's all very exciting, but even more than exciting, it's honestly nothing short of miraculous. Here's the story in nut shell:
We've been blessed by a great apartment and cheap rent that we were planning on living in for the first year while we familiarized ourselves with the area. But a little less than two weeks ago, I found this great house for sale at an amazing price. Turns out, the home was a foreclosure. Our realtor warned us that it will probably be trashed, but it's in great shape. We made an offer, and here's the cool part, the bank countered with a lower offer. What in the world! Our realtor was beside herself. She kept saying, "I've been doing this for twenty years and I've never seen anything like it!" I told her that strange and wonderful things happen to the Burtons, and I think she just might believe me. Of course, nothing is final until the closing, so we would appreciate your prayers.
So, here we are, expecting a baby we weren't suppose to have and planning to move into a home I would have never dared to hope for. How stinkin' cool is that!
We'll keep you posted on all of the baby and house developments. Love to all our friends and family!

5 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Jody Kidd said...

I would have to so that is pretty stickin cool...we love you guys and miss you bunches!!!

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations!! Kel, I know you lost your cord, but can you please go buy a new one??? I NEED to see baby Burton in utero. Really, we're so happy for you. Keep us posted.
love you bunches,
Heather

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Mrs. Cuthbertson said...

Kelly! It's been too long since we've been in touch! I had no idea you guys moved to GA, but it sounds like it was meant to be. I hope all goes well with the home you are purchasing, and CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy...wow, a baby boy! Keep in touch: acubbs@sbcglobal.net.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Dick and Mary Ellen Meyer said...

Just wanted to say hello. I love reading your blog and hearing how things are going.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey so just figured out how this blog thing work (well sort of) it's very cool and I love reading yours so any way hope all is well Talk to you guys soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home