Monday, July 09, 2007

checking in

We're here! Stephen, Kate and I have all arrived safely in Dallas, GA, where we'll be living until we find a home closer to Kennesaw. We've managed to unpack most of our boxes, but the would-be nursery is filled with storage.
Thanks so much to all of you who helped us with our move. We had about 15 guys help us out last Saturday, and I couldn't believe how quickly the truck was loaded. Kathy and Carrie Ann, two of the sweetest girls I know, scrubbed our showers and toilets and wouldn't let me even think about moving a box.
I think Stephen would agree that we're both a little homesick these days. I think it's inevitable to take people and places for granted, and we're both realizing just how much we loved our life in South Florida. But, there's a lot of peace of mind knowing that God opened this door for us, and we're excited to see what He has in store for us here.
We'll keep you posted!

6 Comments:

At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you!! Glad you all made it there safetly...I'm already planning a trip!! Love you! Jamie

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger TinkerMel said...

So I was working on a loan the other day for someone in Kennesaw, Georgia, and I thought of you guys. It's so weird not seeing Kate running around the church on Saturday nights .. I don't think it's really real yet to a lot of us. Looks like I might be planting my feet here in West Palm for a while (big gulps!). Never thought everyone else would move away and I'd stay!!! Definitely weird .. and completely terrifying for me!! haha. Glad the move went well. Miss you guys! - Mel

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a small world. We received a wedding invite from Ben's cousin (who lives in Kennesaw)and through conversations, we found out his cousin works at Mt. Paran School. Her name is Teresa Burton(nice last name). On the school roster it says that she is a permanent substitute. Ironic!
We will probably be headed to the wedding the weekend of Aug. 11. If time permits with you and the wedding - maybe we can share a meal! We miss you guys!
Hope to see you then!
Kim, Ben, Anna and Becca

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for updating the blog. We miss you guys!!!

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger The Adekolas said...

Hey Kelly,
Congratulations on the baby!!! I'm so excited for you guys. Kate is so adorable, I've never seen a picture of her before. I'm glad I found your blog (by accident) and I'll be checking back in. Wow, I can't believe Stephen will no longer be at Maranatha. Hope you guys are settling in well in GA and the pregnancy is going smoothly.
Much Love,
Deola

 
At 11:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You guys are moving to Georgia!! I know I haven't talked to you guys in forever, but I'm moving back to Cleveland, which means I will only be like 2 hours from you! I REALLY want to see you guys!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home