Monday, May 31, 2010

1st trip to the ER

We always figured it would be Sam who would require the first injury-related trip to the ER. In fact, I had kind of mentally prepared myself for it. Sort of. It was really a futile effort because, in the end, there's nothing to prepare you for seeing your little boy covered in blood. It's unsettling and heartbreaking and...well, I don't like it one bit.
He hit his head on the train station at the square, and blood was everywhere. The saddest part of all was that he kept begging his daddy to kiss it. He was so desperate, and he really, really believed that his daddy could make it all better. Pit.i.full.
But here's the funny part. This was our first real family-night-out since Benjamin was born. We were going to our favorite pizza place to celebrate my new job, and more specifically, my first paycheck. Now, I hadn't worked too many hours, so my paycheck was modest, just $200, but that's more bacon than this mama has brought home in nearly 4 years, so we were excited. Until Sam's unfortunate fall and the trip to the ER. A trip that cost, that's right, $200. Geez.
Of course, it was worth every penny to make sure Sam-man was okay. They were able to use glue instead of stitches...yay! And the orange popsicle made everything a little bit better.
Now a word for Sam: Listen, love. I've tried to follow doctor's orders and keep SPF 50 on your forehead and use mederma, but you'll have none of it. NONE OF IT. Imagine that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home