Thursday, April 01, 2010

lee day 2009

Everywhere I go, people comment on how much Sam looks like his daddy. And although I would love to hear someone say that they see even an inkling of myself in him, I really must agree. He's truly a little SRB. That's why I love this picture. Like father, like son.

It's hard to tell, but Kate is wearing my shoes. I know it's cheesy (honestly, you should come to expect that by now), but I earnestly hope that Kate will be proud to "walk in my shoes" when she's all grown up. That's why I rely on God to cover my parenting with grace...I'd fail miserably on my own.
When Stephen and I first started dating, I was inundated with tales of his frat days--or should I say his "social club" days? Anyway, I was falling in love and thought all of his stories were terribly interesting and hilariously funny. It's not so much that I don't delight in them now, but let's just say that stories of pink-dyed underwear have somewhat lost their luster. Still, I loved seeing him reunited with his brothers. I sometimes wonder if I should have gone to Lee; I wonder if I missed out on four years with Stephen that I could have had. Watching him with all these guys--I felt like I caught up just a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home