Wednesday, July 16, 2008

the creek

It may not sound like much, "the creek," but it's as breathtaking as any far-away place I've ever been. This is where my daddy grew up, and it's in my blood. I absolutely love it. My grandmother's house sits just above the water's edge, a little white frame house. Nothing showy, but altogether beautiful.
For the very first time in my adult life, my entire family vacationed here this year. It was so much fun to watch Kate run around on "shell island" and to dip little Sam's toes into the ocean. I so hope that we'll come back often, that mom will fry up some more shrimp, and that we'll catch more crabs off the dock, and that my kids will have memories much like my own of this place.

2 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

Anyone who has been there understands. The Creek might be the best place on earth. And, hi! I didn't know you had a blog. Your babies are beautiful!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Jeff and Maria said...

I'm glad you guys had a wonderful time at the creek. What a great birthday-you got to visit two of your favorite places in one trip! It was great to see you while you were in NC.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home