Saturday, November 06, 2010

No. 5

I’m still struggling with Kate turning 5. It’s a little ridiculous, I know. This is what kids do, right? They outgrow their adorable clothes, they lose all of that adorable baby fat, they start throwing aside their adorable toys, they stop making those adorable mistakes in pronunciation (I haven’t heard “Hohohantas” in ages). They grow up. It breaks my heart, but I have to keep reminding myself that, so far, I’ve enjoyed every single phase with Kate. Every single one.

We enjoyed a really beautiful day for her birthday party. I wanted it to be special. I wanted it to be Kate-inspired and memorable. I think we did it! She was happy, so I’m counting it a win.

I love that Kate has an October birthday. October has always been my favorite month of the year—so much so that I sort of kind of planned to have our first baby born in October. We were hoping to really embrace fall with Kate’s birthday, so we had pumpkins for decorating, marshmallows for roasting, and a hayride for, um, riding. It was a fun, exhausting, beautiful day.

You'll have to excuse the order of the pictures. The cake and bike came at the end of the party :)


















1 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger narid05 said...

i miss you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home