Sunday, August 06, 2006

kate update...10 months and counting!

I can't believe that Kate is 10 months old. Truth be told, I'm in denial. I just can't stand the thought of my baby turning one! I went to visit a friend of mine in the hospital this week; she had just delivered a beautiful baby girl. My heart hurt just a little as I left because I can hardly remember Kate being that tiny. I can hardly remember the sound of that first cry. And I know that one day not too far from now, I'll have a hard time remembering my 10-month-old baby's cry and her laugh and her babble. Seems like God would give us mommies (superheroes, according to my husband) some extra storage to hide away all of the little wonderful moments.
Well, enough of that. Kate has been one busy baby these days. Once again, I'll catch you up on all the major (and perhaps just a few minor) events:
  • Kate is now 20 pounds
  • She is crawling everywhere and has just recently learned how to climb on top of things, like the dishwasher door while mom is trying to load dishes, for example.
  • Her head, which was only in the 25th percentile at birth (thank you, Lord), has now caught up with the rest of her body. The recent trip to the crazy grandparents helped us along there.
  • Kate has acquired a new nickname from Pops, Lazy Susan. She entertains herself by sitting on the floor and sort of walking her feet around so that she spins in a circle. The cuteness doesn't quite get across in writing...maybe we can load video to the blog???
  • How could I forget......SHE HAS A TOOTH! And, geez louise, did she work hard for it.
  • Trying to think.........oh, Kate is swimming...sort of.
  • Everywhere we go, people stop and ask us if Kate is always this sweet. Yes. She really is. She has the sweetest spirit, the most curious personality, and the cutest smile I've ever seen. I know I'm biased, but people, I'm telling the truth. She's the best thing going.

3 Comments:

At 9:48 AM, Blogger Wilson Wife said...

I'm a couple of month behind you, but I'm dreading the forgetfulness that comes with the passage of time! I hear newborns cry and I struggle to remember those pitiful wails coming from my own daughter!

Kate is beautiful and I'm anxious to hear how to continue to cope with her getting older! I need all the tips I can get!

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger Ashley Self said...

She is too cute for words! You and Stephen look great also. We miss you guys! Love you!

 
At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Stephen! Joel passed along your blog b/c I've been helping him with our class reunion and i wanted to say hi. It looks like you are doing great! Your baby is sooo very cute! hope you'll be able to come to the reunion, take care:)
Meredith Burleson Vaughn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home